In today’s episode, I outline a guide for world-building amazing fantasy cities – like the one Hanrahan created in The Gutter Prayer. Here’s my key world-building lessons learnt from this book:
1. Consider the first scene as a microcosm
2. The first scene sets the tone
3. Explore your interests
4. Consider how different characters react to the same world.
5. More ideas is better than not enough
6. Layer it up!
7. Treat the city as a character
8. It’s about the intertwining
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Spotify
Or click here to listen online
My debut fantasy novella, Fires of the Dead, comes out September 20th! Buy a copy during launch week (between 20th-27th September), then send me your receipt and I’ll set you up with exclusive bonuses. My email: email@example.com
Get the book: https://www.amazon.com/Fires-Dead-Fantasy-Jed-Herne-ebook/dp/B07WDBLW9Y