Today I’m changing things up from my normal analysis format by interviewing Gabe Bergmoser – one of my favourite Australian authors.
Gabe is the author of Boone Shepard, Boone Shepard’s American Adventure, and the forthcoming Boone Sheppard: The Silhouette and the Sacrifice. He’s also a prolific playwright, winner of the Sir Peter Ustinov Television Scriptwriting Award, host of Movie Maintenance, and contributor to Movie Maintenance Presents.
In this far-ranging interview, we talk about:
- how he’s evolved alongside his Ustinov-winning Windmills
- his feelings towards his soon-to-be-completed Boone Shepard trilogy
- how he approaches writing, and what his experience has taught him
- what it takes to create engaging writing-related podcasts
- Red Dragon by Thomas Harris (and we dive deep into analysing this fantastic book)
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Stitcher
Or click here to listen online
Want awesome short stories, bite-sized writing advice, and lists of the best books to improve your craft? Join my VIP email list!
Gabe’s top books for writers:
(note: this post may have affiliate links – using them will give me a tiny bit of money, letting you support my work at no extra cost to you!)
Harry Potter (I covered The Half-Blood Prince in episode 3)
The Name of the Wind (I covered this in episode 1)
3 thoughts on “5 – Gabriel Bergmoser Interview – Windmills, Boone Shepard, Movie Maintenance, and Red Dragon by Thomas Harris”